HCIM has begun the design and development of SymKey® for Plexis Claims Manager™ (PCM). HCIM has partnered with Plexis Healthcare Systems, a leading provider of core benefit administration and claims processing software, to cooperate on the development of this new product line. Together, the two companies have identified the initial workflows for SymKey to automate and will be working with one or more PCM client partners. General release is targeted for the end of 2011 and will contain many great new features.
Some of the key features of SymKey for PCM will be as follows:
- Automation: Will provide SymKey’s proven advanced automation technology to adjudicate and enter additional information for PCM’s professional and institutional claims modules.
- Source Data: Will utilize an input file structure similar to HCIM’s SymKey 2.0 Batch Processing module.
- Flexibility: Users will be able to set up a processing job at their own workstation and then submit them to a server queue for processing.
- Scheduling: The server queue will push the jobs to one or more processing engines, which can be scheduled to work at night or other low usage times.
- Queue Manager: Users can check on the status or outcome of jobs using a queue manager that will enable them to view, modify, and report on jobs.
“We’re excited about the direction of SymKey for PCM and are diligently working to create a solution that will offer the best value for Plexis’ clients,” said Michael Wilson, President & CEO of HCIM.
About Plexis Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Since 1996 Plexis benefits administration software has been automating medical claims‚ dental claims and vision claims processing for commercial and public healthcare organizations across the U.S. and in several other countries. Plexis Healthcare Systems was founded in 1996 by healthcare IS consultant Jorge Yant, who recognized the difference a truly flexible, cost-reducing claims processing software could make for small and medium-size healthcare organizations. By partnering with clients, Plexis developed benefits administration software products to solve real-world needs, improve claims processing productivity, deliver a swift ROI, and help healthcare organizations expand their market share. Today, Plexis serves more than 80 healthcare payer organizations across the United States as well as international clients.