CMS’ July 12, 2012 News Update on “Steps to Assess How the ICD-10 Transition will Affect your Organization” reinforces what HCIM and AXIOM explained in our “ICD-10’s Impact on your Business” webinar series:
- Even if the ICD-10 deadline is delayed, it’s still critical to continue with the implementation in order to not lose momentum and leave plenty of time for testing.
- An ICD-10 impact assessment is essential to identifying exactly how your organization will be affected by the ICD-10 code sets, including:
– Documentation revisions
– Staff training on new codes and processes
– Reimbursement model review and updates
– Technology and claims system compatibility
– Vendor contract and systems updates
– Business process and workflow revisions
– Time required for implementation and testing
– Additional resources required
- A thorough impact assessment will help your organization to establish a solid implementation plan and avoid costly mistakes.
For information on HCIM’s ICD-10 Impact Assessment services, please contact Laurie Kirkland at email@example.com or 949-290-6445.