88 QNXT users enjoyed HCIM and AXIOM’s Oct./Nov. 2011 webinar series on “ICD-10’s Impact on Your Business,” which was offered exclusively to QNXT users as a result of HCIM’s sponsorship of the Q-Users Group.
Throughout the four-part series of one hour webinars, ICD-10 expert Peggy Honts gave a brief overview of the ICD-10 coding system, explained the differences between ICD-9 and ICD-10, demonstrated a code analysis example using real ICD-10 codes, explained the financial impacts ICD-10 may have on different business areas, the risk mitigation factors involved, implementation best practices and recommended next steps. She also delved into the impact ICD-10 will have on:
- Network Management
- Claim/Encounter Processing
- Information Technology (IT)
- Member/Patient Management
- Medical Management
- Monitoring Business Metrics
- Customer Service
- Project Management Impacts
- Staff Training
- Vendor Management
- Testing/Trading Partner Management
Free Webinar eKit
If you missed any of the webinars, you can view the recordings and presentations on HCIM’s QNXT Webinar eKit. You’ll also find valuable ICD-10 resources, including:
- Mind Mapping Overview: View the different areas of your business that could be affected by the ICD-10 transition using HCIM and AXIOM’s ICD-10 Payer Mind Map.
- Conduct a Preliminary Assessment: Determine if you’re on track for a timely implementation and prioritize upcoming tasks with the AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Readiness Assessment and Prioritization Tool.
- Develop a Comprehensive Project Plan: Leverage the ICD-10 implementation tasks and estimated completion times in NCHICA and WEDI’s free ICD-10 Timeline to help develop your own ICD-10 project plan.
- Stay on Track: Gauge your progress on both the ICD-10 and HIPAA EDI standards implementations with NCHICA and WEDI’s 5010 and ICD-10 Timeline Benchmarks.
- Code Converter: Convert between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and access a comprehensive code index using this free website.
To schedule a private webinar session for your company, email us at email@example.com or call 888-454-0202, option 5.